I’ve been tagged with a Liebster award nomination by The Chic Mommy! It’s a way for bloggers to get to know bloggers, so she left me some fun questions to answer. Here are my responses:
1. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be and why? It’s a toss-up between eating ramen and sushi in Japan or snuggling with my cat at my home in Seattle.
2.What is your biggest regret? Not becoming proficient in a second language.
3.What is your favorite subject to write about? Food! Cooking it, eating it, searching for it, craving it.
4. Describe your favorite outfit: My Seahawk’s Superbowl Champions t-shirt (Go Hawks!), worn-out jeans that I can’t seem to part with, large cheap sunglasses, and Essie’s nail lacquer in Geranium.
5.You have been sentenced to the death penalty (what have you done!?). . .what is your last meal? Surf & turf comprised of my fiancé’s grilled rib steak (cooked rare) and Shiro’s omakase sushi dinner.
6.What is your biggest pet peeve? When people are consistently late.
7. Favorite quote? “Be the change you want to see if the world.” ~Gandhi
8. If you were an animal, what type of animal would you be? A corgi, because I’d be adorable and look great in a necktie and sweater.
9.Do you have any phobias? Blood/injury phobia (yes, it’s a real phobia!), which contributes to me fainting when I have blood drawn or when the guys share old injury stories.
10.You have access to a time machine. What year do you pick and why? 1913, so I could see Albert Einstein holding a red rose at a Swiss train station when he accepted a sweet job offer (he’s such a romantic!).
11.What is your proudest accomplishment? Earning a Ph.D. (i.e., passing 23rd grade).
Part of this honor is tagging 5 new bloggers and giving 11 new get-to-know-the-author questions. I nominate Call Me Maude, Eating with Ziggy, Food Hipster 206, simplesalutations, and Served in Seattle!
Now, for my questions to y’all:
1. What was your favorite book during childhood?
2. If you could travel to anywhere that you’ve never been to before, where would you go and why?
3. What foods do you hate?
4. If you could have any job other than the one you have now, what would it be?
5. You have 2 weeks to travel across the United States. Your choices for transportation are train, motorcycle, bus, or camper van. Which do you choose and why?
6. What was your greatest adventure?
7. If you could line dance with any celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be?
8. You have to watch a movie on replay for 24 hours straight. What movie do you choose?
9. What’s your favorite dish to cook/bake?
10. What’s your favorite pair of shoes that you own?
11. You can take a class on any subject (don’t worry, you’ll get an A!). What do you want to learn about, and why?