I love this time of year for cooking. Farmer’s markets are starting to fill up with fresh produce, and I start doing more of my shopping here than at the grocery store. It’s the height of strawberry season (hooray!), so I thought I’d share some of my favorite strawberry recipes.
1. The Pioneer Woman’s Chocolate Strawberry Nutella Cake. It’s a chocolate buttermilk cake topped with Nutella (genius!), whipped cream, and a pile of strawberries. The recipe is fairly simple (no folding in egg whites), and The Pioneer Woman has a series of beautiful photos that illustrate how to assemble it.
2. I Am Baker’s Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Shortcake. I love red velvet, sugar cookies, and strawberry shortcake, and this is some trifecta of a dessert. The author provides a link to her favorite sugar cookie recipe, or feel free to use your own.
3. Kitchen Konfidence’s Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Cups. If you’re looking for a healthier treat, this dessert packs all the strawberry sweetness plus the benefits of chai seeds. It’s also a perfect excuse to eat dessert for breakfast.
4. David Lebovitz’s Strawberry Rhubarb Compote. If you haven’t checked out David’s food + Paris blog yet, head on over and let the drooling begin. I’ve never been disappointed by anything I’ve made from his blog.
5. spontaneous tomato’s Brown Butter Strawberry Rhubarb Tart. This reminds me of a grown-up version of the strawberry rhubarb dessert my mom made for me as a kid. Not only is this tart beautiful, but it incorporates browned butter (if you haven’t tried using it for baking yet, get ready for your life to change).
Any other favorite strawberry recipes to share? Comment below, or hit me up on twitter (@southernbeets). I still have time to try out a few more before the season is over.